Thursday, November 1, 2012

Before Departure Assignment #1

842331

Assignment #1, a set on Flickr.
Wow. That is the feeling that is radiating through my veins, riveting from my soul and singing in my heart. Why? This is the first post to my Shredded Elements after fully establishing my company post-high school. Nostalgia, excitement, sadness, happiness . . . I'm feeling it all right about now.

For this being a preliminary photography assignment, I'll have to admit, I was a wee-bit frustrated. I just don't think I can narrow five pictures down to the "only five pictures that describe me and my photography." That being said, these are five of my favorite pictures I've taken and edited of all time, and I'm satisfied, for the most part, of these being the first "taste" of Breanna Demont to share with my fellow classmates.

Can I just say I'm frickin' STOKED to meet you people?!?! If it's possible for one's soul to "get the chills," well, then that's exactly what mine experienced as I was sifting through many of your photo-sets tonight alongside my creating one. I absolutely live to be inspired by anything and everyone around me, and the thought of a photography trip solely devoted to inspiration at every turn--every minute of the day--with people who share this almost ineffable passion of mine, seems TOO good to be true right now. Like I'm legitimately freaking out. I'M SO EXCITED.

Anywho, in essence of this assignment's purpose, I should probably stop the babbling and talk about what these five photographs mean to me.

Let me start off by saying I LIVE for snapping shots of the human spirit--whether it's candid or not, my goal is to always, somehow, make it seem as though it were. I live to document those moments in life that give you the chills. I live to document the twinkle in one's eyes. Those pictures that really tell you about a person's intentions and morals--those photos that truly start to unravel one's life story, bit by bit, as the seconds turn into minutes and you find yourself taking an entirely different meaning out of the image you've been staring at for what seems like an eternity. I also adore capturing moments, or places, where beautiful nostalgia lurks in the most unexpected of territories. Unchartered land. Unappreciated land.

Oh yeah. I also love wrinkles. Let me stress this again--I LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES OF WRINKLES. I'm obsessed with what is real. I'm obsessed with nature's natural documentation of one's life. I love it.

I could go on and on, as I'm sure that probably seems clear, but I'm tired, and I really don't want to appear too sleep-deprived at tomorrow's meeting.

TGIF to all you beautiful, beautiful people. We haven't even met yet and I already know I adore you.

No comments:

Post a Comment