Saturday, December 29, 2012

A Sense of Transition


Journeys, Physical and Psychological
Day #1: Travel Day
 
Living life” is a really,
really interesting concept.

Over the course of this last year, I’ve done my fair share of contemplation over what it truly means to be alive.

I’m fairly certain that a hefty majority of the human race would consider themselves to be alive, as the mere act of breathing and unconscious responding to the motion of one’s heartbeat typically leads one to this assumption.

Now, don’t get me wrong.

I’d be quick to agree with the above circumstances as serving the human populace adequate means by which to assess one’s existence in a literal sense, because sure, from a medical standpoint, a person whose heart is r e g u l a r l y beating and whose lungs are correctly responding to the amount of oxygen and hydrogen in the atmosphere is definitely not

dead.

No, certainly not.

But when it comes to being

alive
in the sense of
<<appreciating>>
every
single
aspect
of one’s current existence


now that /// my friend /// is a
different story.
And the story continuously differs from

person

to

person.

You see,
for me,
truly,
truly being alive takes on a completely different meaning.


And I’m not blabbing on about a specific
 definition.

I’m talking about a
P p R r O o M m I i S s E e

—I’m talking about a promise one makes to oneself.

I’m talking about an
eternal decision
one actively chooses to follow

on a
day-to-day
basis.

It is the decision to go about the course of one’s day

EXACTLY how one’s spirit wishes.

And this decision is constant.
I’m talking about breaking the rules
—I’m talking about doing so . . . ANY chance one gets.

I’m talking about . . .
refraining
                 from NOT putting ONESELF
1st.
With regards to one’s passions
and
the
incorporation
of said
passions
into
every
single
endeavor
one wishes
or chooses

to embark upon.

I’m so sick and tired of formal writing I could

v0mIT.
I’m so OVER conformist é c r i t u r e because it
does not allow me to
convey the freaking information
I wish to convey

e
 x
  a
   c
    t
     l
      y
how
I wish
t
o
convey
it.

It’s NOT that I don’t “appreciate” the reasons for why the academic rules & regulations
for writing
exist.

Because I know they exist for a reason.

It’s the same reason for why
we,
as a society,
have stop signs
&
traffic signal$
&
<<concrete>> definitions for words.

Because. Without. The. Definitions.
Words. Would. Have. No. Meaning.

Right?
P E O P L E . . .

WOULD NOT HAVE
order.

it would be chaos.




And that’s bad, right?



Right?

To view this complete set of photos, click on the following link to my Flickr:
Click HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment